POLICE FILES: Nail polish news! Chanel FNO 2013, Deborah Lippmann in Sephora and the launch of Marc Jacobs Beauty

August 11, 2013 by pam

One of the things I look forward to the most as a nail polish fan is Vogue’s annual Fashion’s Night Out event. Chanel’s special FNO collections always get my heart racing. Remember how I went crazy over the Chanel Khakis in 2010? (swatches) And how the Kardashians almost blocked Petah from getting my Les Jeans de Chanel set in 2011? (swatches, gradient) And how Petah still managed to snag Provocation, Delicatesse, Infidele even though FNO 2012 was held on the same night as Madonna’s concert? (swatches)

So imagine my heartbreak when Vogue canceled FNO this year. Goodbye, Chanel FNO 2013, I thought.

But I was wrong.

Because check this out:

news1

Gorgeous, right?

Fashion’s Night Out may be canceled in New York but the good news is there will still be FNO events in other parts of the world, including Russia, Paris and Manchester. These two bottles are part of Chanel’s Nuit Magique collection and will be released at FNO events worldwide. I am keeping my fingers crossed that Magic and Cosmic will be available online too. (Please, polish gods, please.)

DEBORAH LIPPMANN IN SEPHORA

In other news, Deborah Lippmann is now available at Sephora, as if the giant beauty chain wasn’t already siphoning your money.

And to celebrate, Deborah created these Sephora-exclusive shades.

Chasing Pavements

news2

Lilac Wine

news4

She Bop

news3

99 Luftballoons

news5

I definitely want 99 Luftaballoons. I want Chasing Pavements too because I love gray polish and I adore Adele. And even though this isn’t a Sephora exclusive, I want it too.

news6

This is Stronger, the polish Kelly Clarkson wore to the Grammys this year. Deborah customized this for her. I need this glitter polish on my nails, stat.

Speaking of Deborah Lippmann, yesterday, after a long day of working, my grandma and I dropped by Rustan’s. I really love shopping for Lippmanns at Rustan’s in Shangri-La Mall. Check out that display. I can seriously stare at this all day.

dl3

I thought about picking up Moon Rendezvous, Through The Fire, Dancing In The Dark and Private Dancer but I changed my mind at the last minute and went for the Rock This Town set instead.

dl

Then, thanks to my new favorite Lippmann sales associate Raul, I found out about the rewards promo Rustan’s is running. For each purchase of a Deborah Lippmann polish, you get a stamp on your card. The more stamps you get, the more Deborah Lippmann freebies you’ll receive.

dl2

This gives me another reason to keep dropping by Rustan’s.

SAY HELLO TO MARC JACOBS BEAUTY

We’ve known it was coming but for a while, I was ambivalent about it.

Don’t get me wrong – I like Marc Jacobs. His Bleecker stores are always on my list of places to visit when I’m in New York. But I wasn’t sure how I felt about his beauty line – until I saw the colors.

Marc Jacob’s cosmetics line incudes lip, eye, face and nail products. I’m sure you know which of these I’m interested in.

news37

Check out Marc’s sketches of his polish collection’s packaging.

news36

There are 23 colors of his Enamored Hi-Shine Lacquers, 24 if you count Shiny, the clear top coat which Marc claims is his favorite.

Are you ready to see them all?

Oui!

Stone Jungle

news34

Glinda

news33

Shiny

news35

My favorites are Nirvana, Sally, Ultraviolet, Blue Velvet, Desire, Petra, Evelyn and Stone Jungle. I’m also very intrigued by Flourescent Beige. I don’t usually go for neutrals but the name piqued my curiosity.

Why do I have the feeling I will end up owning a complete set of this collection? My wallet’s already screaming in agony.

Check out the complete collection on Marc Jacobs Beauty. You can also find the collection at Sephora.

1. Lou says:

I hear you about FNO Pam!! Do you know any of the details of the events? I now live in Manchester and must get my hands on those Chanel polishes!!!!

2. pam says:

Lucky girl! Not a lot of details yet. What I’ve read is they’re not holding FNO in London this year, only in Manchester and that the event will be on October 10 :) Bookmark this page for updates: http://www.vogue.co.uk/event/fashion's-night-out. There’s also a Facebook page for the event: https://www.facebook.com/FNOManchester. Happy hunting!

3. LOVE this post! I cannot wait for Magic and Cosmic!!!

4. Jennifer A. says:

Those new Deborah Lippmann polishes look exciting!

And, I am a huge fan of Marc Jacobs – I’ve already reviewed Oui! on my blog, and I went and picked up Petra and Fluorescent Beige on opening day. I’m wearing Petra now, and you have to grab it! Pictures don’t do justice to how awesome it is – I would wear it to the Met Costume Gala. I thought Fluorescent Beige would be similar to Chanel Jade Rose or Rose Caché, but it distinguishes itself both in color and the much more readily apparent shimmer. I hope we get to see some lovely swatches of this line on your nails!

• Jennifer A. says:

Haha, next post I find out you already have Petra! Good choice Petah!

I really wish I can see all these babies in person! I probably would have spent hours in Sephora!

Oui! looks gorgeous on you! You are making me want it!

I am very very intrigued by Flourescent Beige too! I think I need that one next! :) Excited to swatch them! And I will, as soon as they make their way to my part of the world :)

5. Nydia says:

I have to re-tweet this…I want all the nail polishes shown here….omg! I can’t decide….thx for sharing and by the way…I had no idea that FNO in my city of NYC was cancelled so sad about this.

I know! It’s so sad :( Maybe they’ll bring it back next year?

The bottle pics have driven me crazy too! I want more and more of these colors! :)

6. Jess says:

Ugh…you are SUCH an enabler!! I bought the entire DL Jewel Heist collection this week because of your review, and I can tell I’m going to be in trouble with those Marc Jacobs lacquers! Also, I’m going to have to find a way to get my hands on those Chanels. Oh, my poor wallet.

7. alana says:

from talking to a chanel artist, i was told that the fno polishes will be available from the chanel website, macys chanel counters and select chanel boutiques

8. Lei Lani says:

Hi Pammy,

Just wanted to say thanks for the FNO Chanel info. I have been lucky enough to get all the FNO Chanel offerings and was a little sad when I heard it was canceled, but you have lifted my spirits. Thanks so much again!