MUG SHOT: I’m in the mood for Christmas… and Chanel Malice

December 2, 2012 by pam

The Christmas spirit hit me super early this year. I’m usually the type who holds off on Christmas shopping and then panics on December 23 but not this year. I started shopping in early November. Not done yet but at least I’ve made a huge dent in my very long list.

I’ve been drinking my Peppermint Mocha, I’ve been humming Christmas songs and I even put up my office desk Christmas tree for the first time ever. And you know what else put me in the mood for the holidays?

This. Chanel’s Eclats du Soir Holiday 2012 Collection.

malice25

And when I say that, I know you know I mean this.

malice24

Chanel Malice.

I have to admit, when I first saw promo shots of Malice, I wondered how different it could be from Chanel’s numerous other gorgeous vampy deep reds.

But when I finally had it in my hands, I realized that Peter Philips had somehow managed to create yet another unique sexy vampy shade.

malice2

Chanel Malice is described as a “deep red black.”

malice7

But it’s more than that.

malice1

It’s a sexy blackened burgundy with gorgeous deep red shimmer.

malice8

And when I say shimmer, I don’t mean Chanel’s secret subtle shimmer, I mean serious shimmer.

malice10

Shimmer that just makes this polish glow.

malice15

It’s so beautiful.

malice18

I own a lot of other vampy, burgundy, deep red Chanels but I still couldn’t help but love Malice.

malice17

I like having Christmas on my fingertips.

malice14

It’s gorgeous, it glows, it’s super glossy and the formula is fantastic.

malice11

It’s super smooth – application was a breeze.

malice16

It’s such a rich color it can be a one coater but I went for two coats.

malice22

Do I think you should own Malice? Yes. Absolutely. And it would be a great gift for your polish-loving friends too.

malice13

Chanel’s Eclats du Soir Holiday 2012 Collection will be available at Rustan’s The Beauty Source.

1. Nati says:

ok, right now I’m drooling all over my keyboard, lol!

2. Your swatches are just gorgeous! and Malice is just the best polish of this year! love it!

3. Salongiere says:

Woooow, what a beautiful color. You know, I don’t own any reds/burgundys at all, and I’ve been looking for that perfect “red” to own. I have a super-tight budget, and I don’t like purchasing multiple nail polishes in the same color-scheme.

If you don’t mind me asking, if you could only pick one red out of all the reds you own to use for the rest of your life, which nail polish would you choose?

4. Sarah says:

Argh, I had seen this elsewhere and managed to talk myself out of buying it, but your pictures make it so tempting! It looks absolutely beautiful, and burgundy nails are one of my favourites.

5. Melissa says:

Love your site, however your photos are so dark it’s hard to get a read on the actual color.

6. Mi says:

I got one as a pasalubong from a friend about 2 wks ago, and I’m absolutely in love with this shade
    I hope you share your tips on how you apply your polish so precise and neat. :)

7. Kimberley says:

Argh so pretty. Why Chanel?

8. Kitty says:

Pam! Ikaw talaga! You’re such an enabler especially with Chanel and NARS! Argh!

9. Sylvie says:

Hi, which do you prefer between Tulipe Noire and Malice? I was wondering in terms of shimmer, which one is more obvious?