POLICE FILES: A huge dose of Chanel love from my nail polish fairy

April 28, 2012 by pam

This is a fairy tale, Polish Police-style.

You know that one of my biggest regrets about not getting hooked on polish earlier is missing out on some great Chanel releases.

But I have awesome friends who have been helping fill the voids in my collection. The awesome Miss Bun has surprised me with bottles I never thought I’d find. Thanks to her, I have beauties like Or de Russie and Haute Chocolat sitting happily in my Helmer. Petah My Beloved Polish Elf has also been helping me in my Chanel quest, tracking down newer limited edition bottles (hello Gold Fingers!) and keeping my older Ebay finds safe until they could reach me.

My Chanel wish list is still a mile long and no matter how hard I try, some older shades just remain elusive.

Then a couple of weeks ago, my nail polish fairy magically appeared.

My nail polish fairy, who will remain unnamed, said she would try to help me find Chanel colors I’m still missing. I have a long list, I told her. She didn’t seem fazed.

My nail polish fairy worked her magic and one day, I arrived home in the middle of the night to find this waiting for me.

chanel1

It was three a.m., I had three tequila shots and two glasses of rum-spiked iced tea running through my veins, and I couldn’t believe my eyes.

chanel2

Inside the bag was a big Chanel box.

chanel3

And the big Chanel box was heavy.

chanel4

My head was buzzing and I started talking to myself.

chanel5

Am I hallucinating? I haven’t had tequila in a while. Does tequila make you see things? Is this beautiful box really in front of me?

chanel6

Yes, it really was.

chanel7

I opened it.

chanel8

And my jaw dropped.

chanel11

There were so many Chanels in the box.

chanel9

Seventeen beautiful bottles and pretty colors. It was overwhelming.

chanel10

It was a mix of gorgeous classics, shades I’ve been lemming forever and colors I didn’t even know existed.

chanel17

It was incredible. I swear, I woke up the next day thinking it was just a dream. But no, the box was still there. And all the pretty bottles were nestled inside.

chanel16

I love every single one of them and one shade just took my breath away.

chanel18

Kaleidoscope. I never thought I’d find my own bottle of this beauty. But thanks to my polish fairy’s magic, my Kaleidoscope found its way home.

chanel20

I immediately wore Kaleidoscope the next day. I love it so much. I love it so much I want to wear it again but I’m trying to resist – I’m scared I’ll use it up too fast.

chanel19

Thank you so much, nail polish fairy. Thank you for the magic and the incredible dose of Chanel love.

I’m still swooning.

1. Maribeth says:

A magical box indeed! You have the best polish fairies for sure!

2. kelliegonzo says:

SOOOOOOOOO envious i’m turning GREEN!!

3. Eugenia says:

OMGOMGOMG…….PAMMY! If you felt the earth move, that’s was just me dropping! For a Chanel lacquer collector like me (you already know that I’ve been amassing my babies for over 20 years now), seeing these has me sitting here with a foolish smile plastered all over my face. Ahhhh…….Kaleidoscope….I Sooooo love that shade and I don’t wear it often either, for the same reason you listed, lol! I bought mine the day it was released and boy am I glad I did! It will never be duplicated, that’s for sure! You have the best fairies ever!!

Oh Eugenia! What I’d give to see your 20-year collection! I’m sure it’s amazing!!! And oh my god, I’ve been hunting for Silver, Kaleidoscope and Holographic forever and I still can’t believe I finally have Kaleidoscope. I’m so in love with it! It’s so beautiful! I wish I can wear it more but I’m really trying to resist… but I think I will give in again… this week.

So much love for my polish fairy <3 :)

4. miss bun says:

I love that you finally have the Chanel of your dreams.. and I see RED DREAM TOO. I literally had the BIGGEST grin on my face. I love you Pammy. And I love that you get what you love. Mwah. :D This post makes me happy.

Aww BUNNNNNNNNNN! Your comment made me happy! You know I adore you.

Yes! RED DREAM! OMG. I have a Red Dream story. I spotted it at an airport last year on my way back to Manila from the States. I can’t remember if it was in the U.S. or Japan or Hong Kong… but I spotted it, picked up the tester, did a couple of swipes on my nail and walked away. I WALKED AWAY. And then, after staring at the quick swatch on my nail, I realized I wanted it. So I went back. But the duty free shop only had the tester, they didn’t have a new bottle. I was crushed.

I didn’t see Red Dream again anywhere… until I saw it inside the magical box. I love it so much! It’s so pretty.

5. Donna Smith says:

Wow! I just found your blog and I am in LOVE with your posts. They are entertaining and humorous! I thoroughly enjoyed this post about your polish fairy making your biggest wish come TRUE!!! I wish I had a fairy like that helping me out with my polish dreams…..However, there really aren’t that many places to find long lost polishes in midwest Iowa! I’ve only started on my nail polish obsession in the past few months and already it’s grown tremendously!!! I LOVE to read stories such as yours because I can see a bit of myself in your story!!!

Good luck with finding the rest of your list-
    Donna Smith

Hi Donna! Thanks so much! So glad you found the blog :)

This is one of the best things about loving polish – meeting people who share the same passion :) Hope a polish fairy finds her way to you soon!