It’s time for bullets again and boy are they sparkly.
• May will be an exciting month for Rustan’s – so many polish collections will be arriving.
Chanel’s Levres Scintillantes Roses Ultimes Collection.
Laura Mercier’s Tres Chic Collection.
and NARS Trouville.
• SpaRitual and Orly also has new colors arriving in May – SpaRitual’s Pigments Collection and Orly’s Feel the Vibe Collection.
• And since I have the full set of Dior Addict Extreme (thanks to Tatin who picked up a bottle of Incognito for me), I have my eyes set on this next Dior collection – Dior Summer Mix.
These four shades – Lagoon (blue), Acapulco (yellow), Calypso (coral) and Cosmo (pink) – will be released in June. I can’t wait. And I’m keeping my fingers crossed – I hope Rustan’s will bring in this collection too.
• You saw the big dose of polish love Miss Bun sent my way when my friend Giff returned from Hong Kong. Now you can read about what I made Giff bring to Hong Kong for her on her blog.
Here’s a quick preview:
Giff showed up with a HUGE bag that was heavy like bricks.
I peeked inside the bag and I saw what looked like a CABINET. That’s right. One with drawers that you put things in. BUT I was going to a film premiere, and I can’t go through this in the middle of the street!
Read the whole thing HERE.
• Last month, Style Weekend did a feature on fashion collectors and Polish Police was included.
Here’s my page:
Click here for the bigger file so you can read the interview.
I had fun answering Liza’s questions and reading about other women’s fashion addictions. It’s always good to know I’m not the only one with a crazy obsession.
• And last week, my editor asked me to write a piece for the newspaper’s Beauty Section. Nail polish is the new lipstick. Yes, yes it is. Naturally, I dove into the assignment with gusto. I had a lot of fun writing it.
Here’s a link to the online version.
• If you’ve been wanting to get a dose of Lynnderella (and you have a U.S. address), here’s one great way. Lynn donated a number of bottles of her Easter creation The Bunny Code to Friends of Rabbits, a non-profit organization that runs a sanctuary for sick, injured and abused rabbits.
If you donate $10 or more to the organization, you get a chance to win a bottle of The Bunny Code.
Follow @bunnymasseuse on Twitter to see the winners.
Having lost two beloved bunnies recently, I think what Lynnderella did is a wonderful thing. And the awesome thing is you can help out too.
• And finally, Illamasqua is looking for beauty with no limits. It doesn’t matter how old you are, Illamasqua wants you to join their revolutionary casting call. They are preparing for a campaign that will feature people of all ages – and you can be a part of it.
The competition is open internationally. Nominate yourself or someone else at www.illamasqua.com/beauty-before-age before May 15. Applicants must be available to attend an open casting mid-May 2012 and be ready for the shoot that will take place in London on May 23. Those who will be featured in the campaign will receive £500, a new Illamasqua make-up kit worth £500 and a framed photo of themselves like they’ve never looked before.
Ready, set, nominate.