MUG SHOT: Chic’s Sandy Collection is all about texture

February 29, 2012 by pam

Remember those crazy glitter polishes from Chic that I played with?

This time, this local brand has released the Sandy Collection which includes five shades with a “grainy texture.”

chic1

These sparkly shades were inspired by precious gemstones and holiday getaways.

chic2

I had a lot of fun playing with these.

This is Shadow Crystal.

chic3

Shadow Crystal is a grayish silvery white with silver sparkle.

chic6

It appears a lot more gray in the bottle.

chic7

I didn’t have problems with the formula.

chic10

Shadow Crystal is sheer but buildable.

chic15

This is how it looked after two coats.

chic11

This is how it looked after three.

chic8

This is Peridot.

chic17

Peridot is a pretty green with silver sparkle.

chic22

I have to admit that I find the name distracting.

chic19

Because it reminds me too much of the other Peridot, which I love so much.

chic27

Still, I love this color.

chic21

I think it’s really pretty.

chic25

The formula was nice.

chic23

Two coats offer enough opacity.

chic20

But if you want intense color, go for three.

chic26

Peridot is one of my favorites from this collection.

chic24

This is Siam.

chic34

Chic describes this as a vibrant red.

chic39

This is one of those shades that Jill and I would argue about.

chic35

She’d say it’s a red but I’d insist it looks pink to me.

chic43

But pink or red, it doesn’t matter.

chic42

The point is it’s pretty.

chic45

Again, zero problems with the formula.

chic50

Two coats would be enough.

chic52

Use three for intense color.

chic51

This is Montana.

chic54

Montana is a deep blue with blue and silver sparkle.

chic60

If you love blues, you will love this.

chic56

Strangely, this blue was the sheerest of the five colors.

chic63

I chalk it up to its almost jelly consistency.

chic68

I used three coats.

chic69

And I’m not complaining because it’s pretty.

chic73

Seriously pretty.

chic71

And finally, Amethyst.

chic100

This is my top pick from the collection.

chic102

Amethyst is a deep violet with silver and violet sparkle.

chic103

It’s gorgeous.

chic107

Seriously, how can anyone not love this?

chic109

It’s crazy pretty.

chic110

I have three million violets and purples but I still love this.

chic113

Lovely formula.

chic112

I used two coats.

chic131

What’s amazing about this is the price.

chic133

A bottle of Chic just costs ₱27.75. That’s roughly $0.65. Yes, sixty-five cents.

chic135

Crazy? Yes. Very.

These bottles were sent to me for review.

Chic’s Sandy Collection is available at department stores nationwide.

1. Mindy says:

I just really wish they didn’t come with those stickers on the cap. And better packaging. Then again, for less than Php30, why would I even complain haha!

The Amethys is lovely!

2. Ooooh, I love Peridot and Amethyst!

3. Silvermouse says:

Sooo pretty! I love Amethyst! All the colours look gorgeous. Not sure the ‘grainy’ texture is entirely original but I do like that name as a description for that coarse glitter look

4. Sue says:

Are these available in the U.S.? When I try to Google the brand I get a bunch of other stuff because the name “Chic” is so generic. Thanks.

Hi Sue! No, these aren’t available in the US :( But they really should start selling these internationally. The price points are amazing and the colors are lovely

5. Jacelyn says:

Pam, it is available in SIngapore? I in love with Amethyst!

6. Kitty says:

Nice! I like them all, especially the last 4 shades really. The green is so pretty on you!

7. Somilge says:

this is so nice of you to do a post on local brands :D i bought ice ice candy which is gray on the bottle but on the nail looks peachy-ish kinda sorta… or maybe it just reacted that way becaus i put essie matte about you

anyway, this is a really great post :D

Ooh, I haven’t seen Ice Ice Candy yet. I’ll check it out! Of course! I like featuring local brands as well :)

I really should get a new bottle of Matte About You. Mine has given up on me after three years. Haha.

8. Ana says:

Got the Peridot and Amethyst. Both are pretty lovely! Kinda hard to take off though, haha.

Hi Ana! You have the glitter to blame for that! Some girls use the foil method for easier removal. My trick? TV. Place a remover-soaked cotton on your nail for maybe thirty seconds before attempting to wipe off. It makes removal so much easier. Best to do it while watching TV or DVDs so all the waiting won’t get you bored :D

9. Mark says:

Shadow Crystal’s the bomb! I have some bottles of Revlon nail polish for you. When I finally get to drop by the office ;)