MUG SHOT: Deborah Lippmann’s Edge of Glory Polish Set for Lady Gaga’s Barneys Workshop

December 15, 2011 by pam

It was 4 a.m. and after a full day of cooking and partying I felt ready to collapse. But then I spotted something that jolted me awake.

petahgaga1

Remember how Petah surprised me with Deborah Lippmann’s Edge of Glory polish set from Lady Gaga’s Barneys Workshop?

petahgaga3

Thanks to Joel and Ver, it finally landed here in Manila. And it arrived with these awesome giraffe cards that Petah cuts by hand every year.

petahgaga5

petahgaga6

Yes, he’s crazy. And I mean that in the best way possible.

I opened the bag and found this beauty.

petahgaga7

I opened the box and found that Petah had filled it with the goodies I recently bought online.

petahgaga8

I couldn’t wait to see everything.

petahgaga9

Well hello there.

petahgaga10

Hello, Dior NY57th!

petahgaga14

You’re so pretty!

petahgaga11

Hello to you too.

petahgaga15

Silver Lake.

petahgaga16

You’re sexy. I can’t wait to compare you to my beloved Chanel Graphite.

petahgaga17

I was really excited to see this next one.

petahgaga20

Rebel Yell!

petahgaga21

I’ve been dying to wear you.

petahgaga22

Chanel!

petahgaga24

A precious new addition to my Chanel collection.

petahgaga25

And of course, Deborah Lippmann’s Edge of Glory.

petahgaga26

I inspected every inch of the box.

petahgaga27

petahgaga28

petahgaga31

petahgaga34

petahgaga36

petahgaga38

petahgaga37

Thank you Petah! (And thank you Ver and Joel for bringing my babies home!)

petahgaga64

A big dose of happiness.

petahgaga33

A couple of days later, I was finally able to bring the Edge of Glory set out so we could play.

petahgaga39

Edge of Glory is a rich black jelly.

petahgaga40

It’s a gorgeous black.

petahgaga47

Super glossy.

petahgaga42

Super rich.

petahgaga48

I love it.

petahgaga49

The formula is fantastic.

petahgaga54

Super smooth and creamy.

petahgaga52

I used two coats.

petahgaga53

I love this black so much.

petahgaga50

I could totally wear it on its own.

petahgaga51

But why would I do that when there’s the Edge of Glory Holographic Top Coat?

petahgaga41

You have to forgive the insane amount of photos.

petahgaga60

I just love this so much.

petahgaga66

It’s serious serious love.

petahgaga73

Edge of Glory’s 3D Holographic Top Coat is a flakie top coat.

petahgaga74

Yes, flakies aren’t new – we’ve seen a ton of them from brands like Nfu Oh.

petahgaga77

But Edge of Glory just looks different to me.

petahgaga82

Because while the usual flakies morph into two to three different colors – yellow/green/orange, blue/green, blue-green/green…

petahgaga71

… this one changes into all kinds of colors.

petahgaga67

Purple, blue, orange, yellow, green, red.

petahgaga79

Seriously, it’s crazy.

petahgaga86

And the best part is you don’t have to be out in the sun to see the top coat’s effects.

petahgaga72

It’s also amazing indoors.

petahgaga62

Here are photos of my Edge of Glory in natural light.

petahgaga88

Check out all the crazy colors.

petahgaga94

It’s been days and I still couldn’t stop staring at my nails.

petahgaga103

Because it’s just nuts.

petahgaga101

Nuts.

petahgaga100

Here’s a close-up.

petahgaga99

Am I in love?

petahgaga96

Yes I am.

petahgaga102

Thank you, Petah, for this incredible gift.

You know how I know a polish is insanely beautiful? When it stops a mad swatching session because I don’t want to take it off.

And that’s exactly what Edge of Glory did.

Thank you, Petah. Thank you, Ver and Joel. Thank you, Lady Gaga. Thank you, Deborah Lippmann. Thank you, Barneys.

Now let me go back to staring at my nails.

Deborah Lippmann’s limited edition Edge of Glory set is still available on the Barneys website.

1. Kitty says:

Selos ako! Waaaah! Haha! Ganda! Did you see that Finger Paints is releasing 5 flakies na rin?! Maybe I’ll get that set somehow Pammy. Sana di limited edition.

Kitty! I have a feeling 2012 will be a year of flakies! Twisted and Asylum look promising :)

You love Lippmann, you should own this! Order it na from Barneys! It’s a limited edition daw eh :(

2. Jill says:

Now keep clickin’ those Sims Social request! LOL

Petah would approve! Haha!

3. rins says:

JEALOUS! Pam, those are gorgeous! I love the Lady Gaga Edge of Glory and Rebel Yell looks delicious!

@Kitty, saw that flakies from Finger Paints. I want those too! @_@

Rins! I totally agree! Rebel Yell just looks delicious! I’m so excited to wear it!

I would love to see Edge of Glory on your nails! I’m jealous of your nail beds! (and nail art skills!)

4. Eugenia says:

I fainted. Not really, but I should have. Edge of Glory is…..I do NOT have the words! Seriously, it’s everything I imagined it would be – and more. I love how there’s a predominant blue gleam to the flakies, whereas the ones I have seem to lean more to the orange & green. Once more, I curse the fact that these online sites DO NOT SHIP TO CANADA. If someone can explain that to me, I’d really love to know. I’m dying now to see the others swatched (Silver Lake? Um, yeah…another one I couldn’t buy online). And now, excuse me while I go sulk in some corner…lol!!! Gorgeous on you Pam, as always!! xox

So right, Eugenia! I don’t know how Deborah did it, if she mixed a rainbow of flakies, if she waved a magic wand, all I know is I love it!

And I totally totally get why sites in the US wouldn’t ship to the Philippines – hello, we’re thousands of miles away – but Canada?! Seriously?! That’s just nuts. :(

I hope you manage to get this set – and Silver Lake too – I just know they would look gorgeous on you!

5. Mary says:

I bought this set because of your post. I have to say thank you because it Is GORGEOUS! The black might be the most perfect black I’ve ever used. It paints itself! And the flakies are so beautiful. Such a nice set. I’m in love!

6. Sue says:

Wow, what a look! Would love to see the topcoat over other colors, too. MOAR swatches!!!

7. Latoya says:

I concur. That is freakin’ AMAZING!!! And I know exactly what you mean about how you know a polish is awesome when you actually leave it on for multiple days. Great haul!!!!!!

8. Sol says:

Super duper mega inggit akoooooooo

9. Sue says:

After looking around online, I’m hoping to find Finger Paints in “Twisted,” since I can’t afford Deborah Lippmann polishes. Hope you get to try those as well and give us a comparison. Thanks for such a fun blog!

10. Cathy Reyes says:

I can’t believe I saw this post now lang!!! Ah so gondo Pam!!!! Love your longer nails too. The polish sparkles!! AHHH! They must bring it here. They must. Please?

Sadly, I don’t think they’ll be bringing the set here :( It was a Barneys exclusive – but it’s on sale on the site now, $29 na lang! Go go go!

11. Cathy Reyes says:

Missed visiting your blog Pam. I’ve had no internet access for the longest time. Felt like years. Hahaha anyway, happy holidays babe! :) Discovering your blog made my 2011 awesome :) Thank you! *bows to you* :)