MUG SHOT: Nail candy! These Etude House pastel mattes are sugary sweet

July 30, 2011 by pam

This post is for Tatin who loves this collection and who needs a break from the craziness of moving to her sexy new home.

You should have seen us the day awesome Golda from Etude House Philippines sent over these babies. We couldn’t stop playing with them.

Tatin, sit back, put your feet up and check out the swatches.

These new colors from Etude House’s Petit Darling Nails Matte line are yummy – they remind me of candy.

Mint Cookie is a pretty minty green polish.

I can’t resist mint polish so I love this one.

The formula was nice and thick.

I used three coats to even it out.

Berry Bubble is a sweet lavender.

It reminds me of grape bubble gum which I love.

Like Mint Cookie, this was thick without being goopy.

Again, three coats.

Orange Muffin is, naturally, orange. When Tatin saw this shade, she said she wished it was a little softer. I agree.

Orange Muffin is seriously making me hungry. I could totally go for some orange cake from Bellini’s now.

Consistent formula.

Three coats. You could get away with two if you use thick ones.

Ice Sherbet is a gorgeous pale blue.

This is my favorite from the set.

Ice Sherbet is the matte sister of Chanel Riva.

I used three coats.

Strawberry Yogurt is a lovely milky pink.

I don’t like strawberry yogurt but Strawberry Yogurt is making me want to grab a strawberry milkshake.

Yes. Even one from McDonald’s would be great.

Three coats.

Lemon Cheese is a happy yellow.

I’m pretty sure they meant Lemon Cheesecake but no one’s complaining.

I love how sunny this color is. I can see it on my right thumb and left pinky right now and I like it.

Yes, three coats for this one too.

I don’t think it’s possible to have these colors in front of you and be able to resist the urge to try a skittles mani. I certainly didn’t.

Each bottle is ₱98.

You can find Etude House products at SM Cubao Department Store, SM Fairview Department Store, SM Makati Department Store, SM North Edsa Department Store, SM Pampanga, SM Fairview, Festival Mall, SM Iloilo, SM Manila, SM Megamall, SM North The Block, SM Southmall, SM Bicutan, SM Cebu, SM Sta. Rosa., SM Iloilo, SM Pampanga. Visit Etude House Philippines’ website. You can also find Etude House Philippines on Facebook.

1. Oooh, Ice Sherbet. Me likey. :)

2. Kitty says:

Why didn’t they have this when I was there?! Or did they?! :) Love Ice Sherbet!

Kitty! I don’t think they did! They didn’t have it in stores the last time I checked! But don’t worry, they will be yours :D

3. kat says:

They look so yummy! First time I’ve seen matte pastels and love it! *adds these to future pasalubong list*

Pammy, I can comment using my new phone now! Yay :)

4. Sheena says:

Wow Pam! they’re soooo pretty! are these sold online?

5. Morbidfrank says:

Wow. I wanna buy these already. :( Too bad SM Marikina Doesn’t have Etude House. Will check on these later at SM Fairview! Thanks for sharing!

My pleasure! I hope you find them! And I’m with you there – I wish Etude House would open in SM Marikina too!

6. golda says:

Pammy!!!!:D How can I ever thank you with this post?:D Seriously, I looooooooove the colors!:D

I actually haven’t tried all of these on my nails but seeing ‘em on yours makes me wanna get my own set of these matte polishes, as in now na!:D

7. MindyTV says:

Any nail polish from Etude House that you have on this blog is instant love for me!!! Ganda!

Etude House in SM Marikina rin please!!! Hehe. But there’s one in SM Masinag, on the opposite end. =)

Mindy! More to come! Dami pa super na maganda sa Etude that I haven’t swatched yet! I love Etude House!

And yes, SM Marikina! Please! :D

8. Tiffany says:

The colors are so gorgeous! *__* I’ve been dying for matte polishes , but sadly,no EH where I live T_T

9. Sheena Marie Benitez says:

Pam! I finally have these babies. Thank God available sa Sm Cebu! hehe. Im excited to paint my nails na :D

10. nikkititah says:

Pam, bilib ako sa yo coz u were able to apply them evenly and neatly.I have the set but havent swatched everything yet.I’ve tried the yellow one but may bald spots still even with 3 did u do it?hehehe…

11. Rachel says:

Hello there! :) I bought the Ice Sherbet and I really like the color. But, the problem is, I can’t apply it evenly. Do you have any suggestions?

The secret is making sure you have the right amount of polish on your brush – too much and you will flood your cuticles, too little and you’ll have streaking. Also, the less strokes you need to apply a coat of polish, the smoother the finish :) Hope that helps! Good luck!