POLICE FILES: Chanel Summer, Etude House Crack, Tony Moly Snake Nails and other nail polish news

May 12, 2011 by pam

Forgive me for the lack of updates. Things have been insanely busy these past weeks – I had a ton of deadlines, I got sick, Bieber arrived – and things are only bound to get crazier because I’m leaving for a quick break tomorrow.

But I know I couldn’t leave without blogging – because many exciting things are happening for nail polish fans here in Manila.

Ready? Here we go.

Chanel’s Summer Collection is finally in Rustan’s. Each bottle is P1350. I already have my bottle of Morning Rose (I bought it from the awesome Aica of UrbanMD – she’s super nice, super efficient and the polish came gift-wrapped with a sweet little note) and my bottle of Mimosa has also arrived from the US (thanks to my friend Lele who is keeping it safe for me).

chanel

Rescue Beauty’s Bring It Back colors are now up on the website. If you don’t have Purple Haze, get it now. It’s gorgeous. Get Bikini Bottom too. And Bruised. And Black Russian. And Stormy. They’re all beautiful. And if you still don’t have the spring colors – Insouciant, Iconoclast, Recherche and Decorous – get them too. You know they won’t be around forever. And they’re lovely lovely lovely.

bib

Got Crack? Etude House does. And this is awesome news for people searching for crackle polish. These bottles will be available by last week of May or first week of June. And speaking of Etude House – the matte polishes are available there now. Grab them, they’re great. Watch out for my long post about Etude House’s flagship store opening in Megamall.

etudecrack

This is the blue crack over Barry M Blueberry Ice Cream and Santee Vikini Green.

etudecrack2

Holy moly, Tony Moly! Tony Moly is finally in the Philippines! I love Tony Moly. I have a number of bottles from Tony Moly, some were gifts from my friends Lele and Tatin, others were purchased for me by friends who visited Hong Kong and Korea. I got a lovely surprise today – a bag of Tony Moly products.

tony1

They have great stuff for nail polish fanatics.

Like the dry nail appliqu̩ from the Nail Art Collection. There are a lot of different designs. I promise to post swatches soon РI will bring one of these sets on my trip.

tony3

I got really excited about these nail polish bottles. Check out the caps – the little cracks in the design made me think that this was crackle polish. That would have been enough to make me happy – but I was wrong.

tony2

When I tried them on, I went, “Holy crap, Tats, these aren’t cracking!” But they cracked. Slowly. Way slower than any crackle polish I’ve tried. And when they cracked, the cracks were crazy fine. And I went, “Holy crap, Tats, these are cool!”

I finally realized what the SN in the polish name meant. Snake Nails. These aren’t your regular crackle polish – they’re snake polish.

snake1

Freaking cool.

snake2

Love love love.

snake3

But here’s the strange thing – I’ve seen promo pics of Snake Nails and in the promo pics, they look like regular crackle. Weird.

But I’m glad they look like this on me.

snake4

Tony Moly has a store in SM Fairview now – and stores will open in SM Megamall, SM North Edsa, SM Makati soon.

And there you go.

I have about 12 hours left before my flight and I still haven’t packed so I have to go. I will be back soon – with a ton of swatches and more nail polish news.

And if you want to see what I’m wearing on my nails, check out my 31 Days of Nails on CandyMag.com.

1. aoitenshi says:

So much polish goodness in one post! Thanks for all the info, I have a long list of colors to buy now haha. Gotta get that Etude House crackle polish asap!

Crazy huh? More craziness to come soon! Just when I think I can relax a little, different polish brands come out with new and exciting collections! I love it :)

2. NailHeartInk says:

LOVE THE TONY MOLY SNAKE!! If only they come with jelly color… That would be Snake Gummies..*hungry much*

3. Kitty says:

CRACKLE!!! Eeeeeeeeeeee!

4. TeeHee says:

how much are Tony Moly polishes?

• Sherbeth says:

Hi! Tony Moly polishes retail at Php 98 :) (those that I bought though) :)

Shucks, I was just @ SM Fairview yesterday! Sabi ko na nga ba — “Tony Moly is calling me!” I will be back for those Snake Polishes :P

5. TeeHee says:

Do you guys know where I can order Tony Moly online? I live in the province kasi…

6. charly says:

congrats pam! i just got my copy of preview june issue and your featured again in the a-z…P as in Pam… :)

7. Yuxin says:

hey,can you tell me how much time it takes to crack, coz i’ve tried many times and it didnt crack at all :’(

8. ila says:

Hi
    I am from ‘india and i’m totally a fan of these korean cosmetic brands.my friend is visiting makati city tomorrow and will be there for a week.
    Can you please tell me the nearest places to shop for brands like tony moly,missha,etude house?
    And if you can give other suggestions on shopping, u r welcome!

9. pam says:

Hi Ila! Oh cool! There are Etude House and Tony Moly counters in SM Makati too but if you want more nail polish shades, your best bet is the actual stores. Your friend can find Etude House and Tony Moly stores in Megamall, it’s about 20 to 30 minutes from Makati. You might want to ask your friend to check out The Face Shop too – there are branches in Glorietta Makati, Greenbelt and yes, Megamall. There’s Skin Food in Glorietta too!

Your friend is at an excellent location – there are a lot of places that sell polish in Makati. I’ve mapped out a route that I call “the great walk of polish” and you can read about it in this post: http://www.polishpolice.com/2011/07/21/police-files-lunch-with-kitty-the-great-walk-of-polish-and-a-massive-massive-swap/

If you have any other questions, let me know! You can also email me at pajammy at gmail dot com.