MUG SHOT: Nars Pokerface

January 25, 2011 by pam

Pokerface is a limited edition polish that Nars released with its Holiday 2010 collection.

n5

I picked up mine from Henri Bendel on Fifth Ave. in New York.

n3

I had to have this polish for two reasons.

n1

One, the lovely color.

n4

And two, the awesome name.

n2

Yes, I’m a Lady Gaga fan. In fact, here’s the CD I asked her to sign when she went to Manila two years ago.

6012_115788392057_531887057_2434284_4675359_n

It took a while but I finally got around to wearing Pokerface.

n6

This was three coats.

n8

Two was fine and opaque but I wanted another coat for extra vibrance.

n10

Application was easy.

n7

And the color doesn’t disappoint.

n12

Yes, I love Pokerface.

n9

A lot.

n11

And I love it even more because it matches the lilac Dr. Martens Bex, Erick, Xean and Xam sent to me from Australia (yes, they are awesome!).

a33

Lilac Power!

a1

Nars Pokerface + Lilac Doc Martens = Love.

Nars polish is available at Rustan’s The Beauty Source for P995.

1. Katie says:

Pokerface looks amazing! I’m lemming this and Bad Influence for a long time now but I don’t have access to Nars in Greece :( Looks lovely on you!

2. sol says:

i have this too! and just like you, it’s taking me forever to try it!

3. melina bee says:

that’s a gorgeous color, I think Nars in general (not just polish) creates wonderful shades.

4. Joey says:

Hi Pam! Been reading polish police since forever, but this is the 1st time im gonna comment. I super love the color if pokerface! Ive been looking for this shade of purple, was eyeing on OPI’s bonbon but this is way better :) Will get one for sure. Also may i just ask, im collecting dr martens 1460 boots and am having problem with the sizing. it seems that not all sizes are the same. I wear a size 6-6.5 here in manila but my docs are size UK4 (5.5-6 US) pretty weird. What size are you, if you dont mind me askin’ :) Cheers!

Hey Joey!

Pokerface is super pretty! I hope you get it soon!

Awesome! I’m in love with Dr. Martens 1460 boots – especially the patent ones. Which ones are your favorite? The sizes have been pretty consistent with me. I’m a size 7 and I wear the UK5/US7 :) Hope that helps!

5. Maureen says:

First time commenter here – I read through all your archives!

Do you know how Pokerface compares to OPI – Do You Lilac It? I saw it in Sephora but didn’t buy it because it looked similar and I already have DYLI…

Love the purple boots! :)

Hey Maureen!

I don’t have Do You Lilac It? but I’ve read reviews and they say Do You Lilac It? is a little more blue, Pokerface is lighter. DYLI is a cream and Pokerface has a secret shimmer :D

I say go for Pokerface – but I’m biased, haha!

6. Lois says:

I totally love this color! I’m really into Lady Gaga, too. I went to her concert last year, and she’s amaaazing! <3

7. Annabel says:

Hey, I’m so desperate to get a pair of lilac dr.martens in a size 7. i’ve searched all over the internet and lost out on ebay, if you know of anywhere where i could buy a pair i’d be so grateful, money is virtually no object, thanks!

Hey Annabel! Aww, please send me your e-mail address and I will get in touch with you in case I see a pair. I haven’t seen a lilac pair on sale for a while now – not online and not in stores :(