MUG SHOT: Nars Pokerface

January 25, 2011 by pam

Pokerface is a limited edition polish that Nars released with its Holiday 2010 collection.

I picked up mine from Henri Bendel on Fifth Ave. in New York.

I had to have this polish for two reasons.

One, the lovely color.

And two, the awesome name.

Yes, I’m a Lady Gaga fan. In fact, here’s the CD I asked her to sign when she went to Manila two years ago.

It took a while but I finally got around to wearing Pokerface.

This was three coats.

Two was fine and opaque but I wanted another coat for extra vibrance.

Application was easy.

And the color doesn’t disappoint.

Yes, I love Pokerface.

A lot.

And I love it even more because it matches the lilac Dr. Martens Bex, Erick, Xean and Xam sent to me from Australia (yes, they are awesome!).

Lilac Power!

Nars Pokerface + Lilac Doc Martens = Love.

Nars polish is available at Rustan’s The Beauty Source for P995.

1. Katie says:

Pokerface looks amazing! I’m lemming this and Bad Influence for a long time now but I don’t have access to Nars in Greece :( Looks lovely on you!

2. sol says:

i have this too! and just like you, it’s taking me forever to try it!

3. melina bee says:

that’s a gorgeous color, I think Nars in general (not just polish) creates wonderful shades.

4. Joey says:

Hi Pam! Been reading polish police since forever, but this is the 1st time im gonna comment. I super love the color if pokerface! Ive been looking for this shade of purple, was eyeing on OPI’s bonbon but this is way better :) Will get one for sure. Also may i just ask, im collecting dr martens 1460 boots and am having problem with the sizing. it seems that not all sizes are the same. I wear a size 6-6.5 here in manila but my docs are size UK4 (5.5-6 US) pretty weird. What size are you, if you dont mind me askin’ :) Cheers!

Hey Joey!

Pokerface is super pretty! I hope you get it soon!

Awesome! I’m in love with Dr. Martens 1460 boots – especially the patent ones. Which ones are your favorite? The sizes have been pretty consistent with me. I’m a size 7 and I wear the UK5/US7 :) Hope that helps!

5. Maureen says:

First time commenter here – I read through all your archives!

Do you know how Pokerface compares to OPI – Do You Lilac It? I saw it in Sephora but didn’t buy it because it looked similar and I already have DYLI…

Love the purple boots! :)

Hey Maureen!

I don’t have Do You Lilac It? but I’ve read reviews and they say Do You Lilac It? is a little more blue, Pokerface is lighter. DYLI is a cream and Pokerface has a secret shimmer :D

I say go for Pokerface – but I’m biased, haha!

6. Lois says:

I totally love this color! I’m really into Lady Gaga, too. I went to her concert last year, and she’s amaaazing! <3

7. Annabel says:

Hey, I’m so desperate to get a pair of lilac dr.martens in a size 7. i’ve searched all over the internet and lost out on ebay, if you know of anywhere where i could buy a pair i’d be so grateful, money is virtually no object, thanks!

Hey Annabel! Aww, please send me your e-mail address and I will get in touch with you in case I see a pair. I haven’t seen a lilac pair on sale for a while now – not online and not in stores :(