MUG SHOT: OPI Fiercely Fiona

May 29, 2010 by pam

After weeks of waiting, my last TransDesign haul finally arrived.

Inside the box, among other bottles, were four colors from OPI’s Shrek Forever After collection.

OPI Shrek Forever After Collection

That’s Fiercely Fiona, Who The Shrek Are You?, Ogre-the-Top Blue and Funky Dunkey.

OPI Shrek Forever After Collection

I didn’t get Rumples Wiggin and What’s With The Cattitude because I don’t normally go crazy over pastels (although I fear that this will change very soon).

OPI Shrek Forever After Collection

The bottles arrived too late for me to push through with my original plan – I was going to watch the new Shrek movie while wearing Who The Shrek Are You? – but I still wanted a Shrek manicure.

OPI Shrek Forever After Collection

It was a toss-up between Who The Shrek Are You? and Fiercely Fiona. I love Funky Dunkey and Ogre-the-Top Blue but I’ve worn similar colors before and wanted something different.

OPI Shrek Forever After Collection

I ended up with Fiercely Fiona.

OPI Fiercely Fiona

If I said the application was a dream, I’d be lying my ass off.

OPI Fiercely Fiona

It’s crazy streaky.

OPI Fiercely Fiona

But I love it anyway because it’s such a happy color.

And it’s my first time to wear yellow nail polish. (Unless you count that time in college when I went crazy over neon.)

OPI Fiercely Fiona

And it matches the corn I ate at dinner the other night.

OPI Ogre the Top Blue

And you know OPI’s Shrek collection is good because even Jill who very rarely wears nail polish couldn’t resist wearing Ogre-the-Top Blue.

Yes, I love OPI’s Shrek Forever After collection. I might even pick up Rumples Wiggin and What’s With The Cattitude eventually.

I just have one qualm. Why didn’t they come out with a Gingy-inspired color?

Poster_gingy

I love this little guy. And I can totally see myself rocking the gingerbread look on my nails.

1. sol says:

hey, i’m sporting a yellow polish too! Orly Lemonade, that one’s not as streaky

check out my NOTD here – http://lalelilalu.blogspot.com/2010/05/notd-orly-lemonade.html

i bought the whole Shrek collection, although I’m expecting it to arrive late next month.

I had the same plan with my OPI Absolutely Alice, but I wasn’t able to catch the movie at theaters hehe.

hey sol! i have lemonade too and i can’t wait to use it! :D it looks great on you!

you’ll love the shrek collection, dedma na sa streakiness..

i wore mad as a hatter when i watched alice but i didn’t love the polish and i didn’t love the movie (kulang siya for me)..

i’m excited to get my american apparel set to arrive!

• sol says:

what shades did you get from American apparel? sayang nakabili na ako when they had 30% sale waah. dami ko parating na polish. including yung milani holo or glitters ba yun, and some AA nga, opi china glaze and color club. lol, ang addict lang talaga haha.

can’t wait for the shrek collection though, yun lang ang binili ko ng buo, wala kaseng red haha.

and you’re right, i dont like mad as a hatter too, hype lang haha

i got factory grey, mouse, peacock, hunter, passport blue and of course, manila :)

haha adik nga! tried cutting down this last month, medyo successful naman.. i’m not expecting a lot of polish in the mail na, just a few na lang..

hirap na ako mamili ng polish every time i get a manicure, ang dami kasi!

i’m in the process of swatching my collection, masaya siya pero ayaw matapos, haha! :)

• sol says:

yun din target ko, to swatch everything, pero everytime i swatch one, i bought 3 new polishes naman. so one step forward, two steps backward ang drama ko haha

2. shoutingwind says:

Ang dami nyo orders!! LOL. Buti na lang tamad ako mag shop online. HAHA

haha sheila, buti ka pa tamad mag-online shop!

sol, di na ako umaasa na kaya ko i-swatch lahat ng polish on my nails, I’m going to do it on fake nails na lang.. hehe

3. sheila says:

uy pangarap ko din ma swatch lahat ng np ko. LOL. (as if madami)

how long does it take you to do your nails ba?

kasi ako nagkakanda kuba na kakapahid LOL

i can’t do my own nails.. at least not yet.. but i will learn soon! haha! kaya ang bagal ko magswatch!!!!

4. Jess says:

I think you might have some FAKE OPI’s… I can tell by the bottom stickers. Not good.

Nope. These OPIs aren’t fakes. Everything checks out – the steel balls, the warning signs, the pro-wide brush, the font and spelling, the colors. The sticker you’re seeing is the second sticker. Each OPI bottle has two stickers under – the first sticker has the bar code with the list of ingredients at the back. What you’re seeing here is the second sticker – the one with just the name, serial number and no bar code.

I have a number of OPIs in my collection and even the ones I bought from big department stores here (who get their OPIs directly from OPI — i know because the OPI people from the US even came for a visit to talk about their new collections some months back) have the exact same stickers.